Green Energy and Eco Technology

Solar Thermal
By heating your water using the sunís radiation, thermal collectors can provide almost all your hot water during the summer and an average of 50-70% annually. Put simply, a solar fluid circulates through the panels and into a twin coil solar cylinder, which in turn heats the water in the central heating system.

A twin coil cylinder comprises one coil which receives the heat from the collector on the roof, and another that is used to supply heat from the main household heat source/ boiler when solar energy is insufficient. Some are also fitted with an immersion heater.

Solar Photovoltaic (PV)
Photovoltaic systems use the sunís energy to create electricity, and only require daylight, not direct sunlight, to operate. PV systems convert solar radiation into electricity. The simplest systems provide electricity to a building directly.

PV panels can be used with a battery store or connected to the main grid to sell back. They can be installed on or within the roof tiles, or even on the ground.

Ground Source Heat Pumps
Ground source heat pumps use solar energy naturally stored in soil, bedrock and groundwater as a heat source.

Ground source heat pumps do require electricity to operate, but are extremely efficient Ė producing up to five times as much heat energy for every unit of electricity used and are available for a variety of buildings and heating requirements.

Air Source Heat Pumps
Air source heat pumps convert heat contained within the air into energy that can then be used to provide heating and hot water. They are classed as a renewal energy source because the heat taken from the air is replenished by the sun.

There are two types of air source heat pump Ė Ďair to airí and Ďair to waterí. Air to air heat pumps release captured energy through an air heat exchanger, which is then released Ė either directly or forced around the home using a fan and ducting. Air to water heat pumps release the energy into a water circuit which is connected to a traditional wet heating system or underfloor heating.

Heat Recovery & Ventilation
Heat recovery systems work by capturing heat from extracted air that would otherwise be ventilated out of the building, and transfer it to warm fresh air which is circulated around a network of ducting.

Modern buildings lose 25% of their heat through uncontrolled ventilation and air leakage. On average a bathroom full of moist air loses over 60 watts of heat energy from the room twice every hour. That is 1.2kWh of wasted heat.

SUDS (Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems)
The increased amount of surface water drained from developed areas is having a huge impact on Britainís river catchments. As developments intensify, less water filters through the soil, leading to increased flows, risk of flooding, and a threat to water quality and the environment. This could worsen as the climate changes and has put drainage and water management firmly under the legislative spotlight. For example, you now need planning permission to lay an impermeable driveway or parking area that measures over five square metres.

Rainwater Harvesters
Rainwater harvesting systems substantially reduce consumption of potable water by using the roof (and only the roof) as a collector of rainwater. This water is stored underground and can be used for the garden hose supply, flushing toilets and washing machines.

As the population grows and our water reserves decline, the need for rainwater harvesting systems becomes ever more important, as these systems replace water usage in a safe and convenient way.

Grey Water Recycling
There are a number of technologies and products which enable end users to use less water.

We flush clean drinking water down our toilets every day, calculated to account for 30% of our domestic water usage.

We use a further 21% in the basin and bath, and 12% in showering, totally 33%. This water can be re-used for toilet flushing by installing a simple, low maintenance recycling unit.






Services:

  • Roofing & Re-Slating
  • Decking & Paving
  • New Builds
  • Renovations
  • Extensions
  • Attic Conversion
  • Slating/Tiling
  • Thermal & Acoustic Insulation
  • Pointing
  • Chimney stacks
  • Fascia's, Soffits & Guttering
  • General Joinery
  • General Plumbing
  • New & Replacement Windows
  • Timber Preservation & Tanking Systems
  • Electrical Systems
  • Home Buyers Report
  • In-House Design
  • Top-Soil Isle of Man
  • Tiling
  • Green Energy and Eco Technology
  • Domestic Warranties