We are regularly asked to convert or extend a garage to provide additional living accommodation. For the client, it provides an extremely cost effective way of gaining additional space. In this case our client wished to extend above the garage to create an additional bedroom and bathroom. Compatible brickwork and an additional window in the bedroom to the front of the extension matched exactly that of the original house, so that the new addition blended easily. There was a dropped roofline as additional attic space was not required but this provided the opportunity to add velux windows in the roof of the new bathroom which meant plenty of privacy and lots of natural light.
- Extension over existing garage
- Visually compatible with existing property
- Plumbing and electrical work
- New window including Velux
- Additional bedroom and bathroom created